Title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Director of Product Design & Development
Buffalo Games, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, innovative, energized and passionate Graphic Designer to join our exceptional creative team in our game and puzzle studio.
WHO IS BUFFALO GAMES?
Buffalo Games is an American design, marketing, and manufacturing company of award-winning table top games and the finest quality Jigsaw Puzzles. Play is our passion.
Our products are manufactured in our plant in Buffalo, NY. We take great pride in our innovative product lines, quality of play, and manufacturing expertise. Our craftsmanship relentlessly delivers on the highest quality standards and experience that our consumers have come to expect from the Buffalo brand.
Vision proven through Play.
The primary function of the Graphic Designer is to create the visual voice and identity for our products and brands while addressing real-world needs of the retail environment.
This role drives the look and feel for product branding, packaging, play components, corporate identity, new media, and sales & marketing efforts across a spectrum of platforms. In short, a design ninja.
The graphic designer will develop rough concepts quickly with sketches or computer that best promote the play or experience of the concept; Evolve and execute final designs based on input from Design Director; Collaborate with marketing counterparts to ensure designs promote commercial needs; Create 3D package comps for presentations; Communicate with internal teams to ensure vision, quality, and integrity of designs; Present your work effectively to cross-functional teams; Efficiently manage projects and timelines to deliver on expectations. Our ideal candidate will excel at communicating concepts visually and possess up-to-date knowledge of the latest graphic trends and retail culture and have no shortage of hunger for creating top notch design.
This position reports to the Director of Design & Product Development and works primarily within the Buffalo Games facility. Some travel to industry events required.
*You MUST provide a link to an online portfolio to be considered for this position and illustrate your talent and mastery of design elements to communicate purpose. No phone calls please.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create the visual voice & branding identity that is aesthetically on trend for the consumer mass market, but also highly functional and effective
- Execute design skills to create the look and feel of the visual UX (user experience) and promotes the promise the positioning of the product.
- Position requires excellent knowledge of the commercial printing process and Consumer Goods.
- MUST demonstrate high level design skill set with an eye for typography that “tells the story” and is on trend to pull consumers in
- MUST possess high level knowledge & experience of pre-press and printing standards – to apply said technical capability toward items for production daily
- MUST apply technical knowledge and adapt & update templates and forms effectively and efficiently as needed to meet creative vision for product within defined forms
- MUST possess an excellent understanding of all formats of printing and color processes with an eye on burgeoning trends and technologies to evolve with everchanging printing landscape.
- Mastery of image editing, enhancement, and creation to maximize the puzzle experience.
- Ability to read and understand die lines and structures to apply designs
- Create promotional materials, catalogs and various sales publications, and new media as needed
- Contribute to our highly creative environment - be a creative thinker that strives for innovation and lives to ideate
- Ability to see the big picture while not losing focus of details - ensuring that the proper format, appearance, and layout of text and images is correctly set before full print
- Maturity to accept direction and receive constructive criticism with the ability to build off and further ideas in a positive manner.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify project needs and design finished products
- Proactive and business professionalism to prioritize workflow, communicate expectations, and deliver on deadlines in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision
- MUST love to have fun – this is who we are and what we create!
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bubbling over with a passion for design. A go-getter eager to create. No exceptions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or comparable field.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience as a professional graphic or product designer – consumer good field preferred.
- In-depth knowledge (proficiency) of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and 3D rendering software. Additional software a plus including CAD or 3D rendering capabilities.
- Must be proficient with Mac based operating systems.
- Outstanding creative, artistic, and problem-solving talents all while creating with a smile.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, preferably experienced in presenting information before management teams
- A strong active listener that clearly communicates information, but also listens and builds off thoughts and ideas of others
- Competence in the oversight and management of multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task while working under tight deadlines
- Must be highly organized and detail orientated - especially with design systems and files
- Up to date on current trends (graphics, advertising, fashion, entertainment, cosmetics, pop culture, etc.)
- Must play well with others - ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Must like to laugh!
This position offers an excellent compensation package which includes health insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Please send your resume and other application materials to [email protected], or mail to Buffalo Games – 220 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo NY 14206