Title: Operations / Supply Chain Intern
Reports to: Senior Manager of Operations
Buffalo Games is a leading manufacturer and marketer of award-winning Party Games and finest quality Jigsaw Puzzles. Our products are manufactured in a self-owned and operated plant in Buffalo, NY. In the company's 30 year history, Buffalo Games has sold more than 50 million puzzles and party games! Buffalo Games products are available at all major retailers in the U.S.A. and Canada and are produced with a careful eye toward quality and sustainable practices. The company's portfolio includes popular licenses such as Charles Wysocki, Coca-Cola, Darrell Bush, The Hautman Brothers, Josephine Wall, Kim Norlien, National Geographic Channel, Scooby-Doo, Star Wars, Terry Redlin, Urban Dictionary, Warner Bros., and more!
The ideal candidate is pursuing a business management path with a Supply Chain or Operations focus of study. With high energy and strong internal drive, this Intern will perform critical tasks for our Internal Operational functions. Focused primarily within the purchasing function, this challenging position will however provide exposure to all Operational Business functions. Work will include extensive use of the company ERP system to complete one time and recurring projects, professional communication with outside business partners, and internal collaboration with all functional areas. The position is a part time, paid internship working flexible days Monday through Friday between 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Transaction Processing: assist in receiving of purchased material, finished goods, and internally produced parts though Epicor ERP.
- Purchase Order Management: Create, modify, and maintain purchase orders to support the planning and manufacturing functions with accurate estimated delivery dates for purchased materials and finished goods.
- Support optimal purchase decisions utilizing Epicor MRP through the effective use of cycle counts on key material categories.
- Report and present weekly material status and availability to Production Team weekly during the production planning meeting.
- Assist in conducting RFQ’s with new and existing suppliers.
- Preform pricing and cost/benefit analysis on key material categories.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or current MBA candidate ideal
- High energy and internal drive
- Excellent PC skills, significant Outlook, Excel and Word experience, skill to do internet research,
- Experience with ERP in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Ability to learn, adapt, and multitask in a high-paced but rewarding environment
- Positive and effective communication skills
- Exceptional focus on detail and accuracy
- Solid problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
Please send your resume and other application materials to [email protected], or mail to Buffalo Games – 220 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo NY 14206.