Title: Industrial Engineer
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Buffalo Games is an American manufacturer and marketer of award-winning Party Games and finest quality Jigsaw Puzzles. Our products are manufactured in a self-owned and operated plant in Buffalo, NY. We take great pride in our manufacturing expertise and craftsmanship and relentlessly deliver on the highest quality standards and experience that our consumers have come to expect from the Buffalo brand.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for determining more effective ways to manufacture products. For Buffalo Games, this includes development of ways to increase productivity; maximize efficiency; manage and improve product quality; manage and improve health and safety; and support the effective use of capital to grow the business. The position calls for a hands-on approach in nearly all areas of responsibility and requires an individual that can be effective in working directly with all levels of the organization.
• Study product requirements and design both manufacturing systems and information systems to meet requirements.
• Perform statistical analyses to drive improvements to both automated and manual manufacturing processes. Apply statistical methods to determine manufacturing processes, staffing requirements, and production standards.
• Design and develop methods to ensure product quality.
• Design and develop methods to ensure personnel safety and regulation compliance.
• Oversee ongoing development of standard operating procedures. Serve as primary owner for the accuracy and effectiveness of all manufacturing SOP documentation.
• Develop and support the ongoing effective execution of a quality management system.
• Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant materials and defective or damaged products, and assess cost and responsibility.
• Drive MRP system improvements through improved processes and data management initiatives.
• Integrate lean manufacturing concepts to all areas of involvement.
• Design layout of equipment and workspaces.
• Lead and support process automation initiatives. Coordinate project needs with both internal and external resources.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
• A working knowledge of and track record of applying lean manufacturing concepts. (SMED, value stream mapping, Five S, Kanban (pull systems), poka-yoke (error-proofing), total productive maintenance, redesigning working cells, multi-process handling and control charts)
• A working understanding of assembly line design methods, line balancing, and design for assembly concepts.
• Ability to effectively identify, gather, and use data and statistical analyses to support recommendations for improvements.
• Ability to plan, execute, and communicate the status of projects. Able to use project management tools.
• A working knowledge of standard MRP functionality.
• An ability to run manufacturing simulations to identify optimal workstation design and material flow.
• An ability to plan and execute time studies to produce data supporting changes that will lead to improved manufacturing efficiencies.
• Previous experience working at an ISO certified company preferred.
• Experience within a packaging/high speed manufacturing environment is preferred.
This position offers an excellent compensation package which includes health insurance, 401(k) plan, and performance-based bonus potential within a fast-growing company and category leader in both Party Games and Jigsaw Puzzles.
Please send your resume and other application materials to [email protected], or mail to Buffalo Games – 220 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo NY 14206