Title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Director, Product Design & Development
Buffalo Games is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our exceptional creative team.
Buffalo Games is an American manufacturer and marketer of award-winning Party Games and finest quality Jigsaw Puzzles. Our products are manufactured in a self-owned and operated plant in Buffalo, NY. We take great pride in our manufacturing expertise and craftsmanship and relentlessly deliver on the highest quality standards and experience that our consumers have come to expect from the Buffalo brand.
The primary function of the Graphic Designer is to create the voice of our products and brands while meeting real-world needs of the retail environment. This role has a heavy focus on package design and communication that drives the look and feel of the consumer experience, product branding, corporate identity, new media, and sales and marketing efforts across a spectrum of platforms. The Graphic Designer quickly develops rough concepts to bring the product vision to life; executes final designs based on input from Design Director; collaborates with marketing and sales counterparts to ensure designs meet commercial needs; creates 3D package comps for presentations; communicates with internal teams to ensure vision, quality, and integrity of designs; presents your work effectively to cross-functional teams; efficiently manages projects and timelines to deliver on expectations. Our ideal candidate will excel at communicating concepts visually and possess up-to-date knowledge of the latest graphic trends and retail culture.
This position reports to the Director of Product Design & Development, and works primarily within the Buffalo Games facility. Some travel to industry events required.
*You MUST provide a link to an online portfolio to be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Create the graphic voice and branding for products and corporate identity that is both aesthetically on trend for the consumer market and highly functional for activating consumer purchasing.
• Execute excellent design skills to create the look and feel of the visual UX (user experience) which requires excellent knowledge of the commercial printing process and Consumer Goods.
• MUST possess high level knowledge & experience of pre-press and printing standards – to apply said technical capability toward items for production daily
• MUST apply technical knowledge to adapt and update templates and forms effectively and efficiently as needed to meet creative vision for product within defined forms
• MUST possess an excellent understanding of all formats of printing and color processes with an eye on burgeoning trends and technologies to evolve with everchanging printing landscape.
• Must demonstrate high level design skill set with an eye for typography that “tell the story” and on trend
• Mastery of image editing, enhancement, and creation to maximize the puzzle experience.
• Ability to read and understand die lines and structures to apply designs
• Create promotional materials, catalogs and various sales publications, and new media as needed
• Contribute to our highly creative environment - be a creative thinker that strives for innovation and lives to ideate
• Ability to see the big picture while not losing focus of details - ensuring that the proper format, appearance, and layout of text and images is correctly set before full print
• Maturity to accept direction and receive constructive criticism with the ability to build off and further ideas in a positive manner
• Collaborate with other team members to identify project needs and design finished products
• Proactive and business professionalism to prioritize workflow, communicate expectations, and deliver on deadlines in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision
• Must love to have fun – this is who we are and what we create
Required Knowledge and Skills
• A passion for design required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or comparable field.
• Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience as a professional graphic designer – consumer good preferred
• In-depth knowledge (proficiency) of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and 3D rendering software. Additional software a plus including CAD or 3D rendering capabilities.
• Must be proficient with Mac-based operating systems
• Outstanding creative, artistic, and problem solving talents
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, preferably experienced in presenting information before management teams
• A strong active listener that clearly communicates information, but also listens and builds off thoughts and ideas of others
• Competence in the oversight and management of multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to problem solve and multi-task while working under tight deadlines
• Must be highly organized and detail orientated - especially with design systems and files
• Up to date on current trends (graphics, advertising, fashion, entertainment, cosmetics, pop culture, etc.)
• Must play well with others - ability to work individually as well as part of a team
This position offers an excellent compensation package which includes health insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Please send your resume and other application materials to [email protected], or mail to Buffalo Games – 220 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo NY 14206.