Title: Maintenance Mechanic- Full Time- 1st Shift
Reports to: Plant Operations Manager
Our vision is “to make life more fun and rewarding” through our family of award-winning Party Games and finest quality Jigsaw Puzzles. Our products are manufactured in a self-owned and operated plant in Buffalo, NY. We take great pride in our craftsmanship and relentlessly deliver on the highest quality standards and experience that our consumers have come to expect from Buffalo Games.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for fabricating parts, maintaining, repairing, installing and configuring production/manufacturing equipment in the plant facility. Prepares make-ready for steel rule cutting dies, and repairs and modifies dies as needed. Maintains manufacturing process by designing and fabricating production equipment. The mechanic inspects and performs regular preventative maintenance per manufacturer’s specifications, diagnoses equipment malfunctions, repairs, and makes adjustments as needed with minimal downtime. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work. (Overtime)
• Fabricates equipment parts by setting up and operating shop equipment (lathe, mill, etc.); verifying dimensions.
• Installs equipment by fabricating and assembling parts; programming electronic components.
• Maintains production by diagnosing and correcting equipment failures.
• Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment
• Upgrades production lines with new equipment/technology
• Work with outside contractors when necessary
• Change line for package changeovers
• Comply with LEAN manufacturing practices, safety, and audit standards
• Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as independently as needed.
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Hydraulics/liquid compression (e.g., valves, cylinders)
• Pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders)
• Basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays)
• Mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings)
• Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios)
• PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems)
• Servo drives (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, encoders, etc.)
• Troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving)
• Schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays, fuses)
• Product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs)
• Welding (e.g., stainless/mild steel)
• Must be able to do physical work & lift up to 70 lbs.
This position offers an excellent compensation package which includes health insurance, 401(k) plan, and quarterly bonus potential.
Please send your resume and other application materials to [email protected], or mail to Buffalo Games – 220 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo NY 14206.